We are hiring!
Production Planner / Scheduler
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our manufacturing facility in Glasgow. We are looking for a creative and resourceful individual to populate our MRP system with relevant planning information for our project-based, bespoke line of hydraulic cylinders and actuators.
Production Planner/Scheduler is a diverse position covering the planning, scheduling, releasing, and tracking of workflow from the Engineering department and through the manufacturing department. This position receives drawing packages from the technical dept. and sales orders from sales personnel, adds planning data, enters the packages into the company MRP system, copies, assembles, distributes, and further prepares work orders for manufacture.
This position will be the focal point in creating a production scheduling system for APH.
The successful candidate will be a focal point among all departments to effectively communicate and help meet customer requirements.
To be successful, you will have experience in production and project planning in a regulated manufacturing/production environment. Bringing an analytical mindset, you will also be comfortable working with large data sets, MRP systems, and information from multiple sources.
6 Month Fixed term contract
Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Production Planning: min 3 years (5 or more preferred). Manufacturing / Machining / Production knowledge.
Liaise with our Workshop Manager and Customer Liaison Manager, to assist with planning of workshop activity using our MRP package including new manufacturing projects, overhauls and repairs.
Rescheduling frequently to increase efficiency and adapt to project scope changes.
Working closely with our Engineers, purchasing team, and Workshop staff, to provide relevant project information and visibility for our clients.
Engineering, technical or manufacturing, HND / HNC qualification is ideal, alongside MRP and MS Office package experience.
The Production controller duties will entail:
- Planning of workshop activity
- Monitor progress of jobs through the workshop against the plan
- Liaise with purchasing on any supply issues affecting delivery dates
- Schedule components to arrive on time to meet customer order requirements in association with purchasing
- Providing our Customer Liaison Manager and Head of Sales with key information regarding customer deliveries.
- You will be comfortable working autonomously, showing initiative and independence, but equally will be able to demonstrate the ability to collaborate with and engage colleagues through tasks and activities. You will be organised by nature, with the ability to prioritise, multi-task, and deliver to timelines.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for the role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries or require further information, please get in contact on the above email address.